It feels as though prom starts earlier every year. With prom season 2018 just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about dresses. But, when exactly is the right time to buy a prom dress? We’ve made things a little easier for you by weighing up the pros and cons of buying a dress earlier versus later to help you decide.
Buying a Prom Dress Earlier
- You can concentrate on your exams and not get distracted by buying a dress.
- You can choose from a wide selection of colours, collections, and get prom dresses 2018 styles before they are sold out.
- You can book a seamstress in advance to make alterations.
- You can order your dress in your size and save on alteration costs.
- Someone in your school could buy the same dress later in the year if the store doesn’t put a hold on the one you’ve bought to stop that happening.
Buying Later in the Year
- You will know what dresses your friends have and ensure you don’t clash.
- There are less choices available the closer you get to prom due to stores running out of stock.
- You may not be able the right size dress since many suppliers stop taking orders a few months before prom season.
- You may not be able to find a seamstress to make alterations for you, as they get very busy.
- Someone else may have already bought your dream dress.
- You have revision and exams to worry about, too.
Overall, the best time to buy your prom dress is earlier instead of later. The longer you wait to begin the shopping and hunting process, the more likelihood there is of you not being able to find the special dress you have your heart set on, or your friend may have already bought the dress you really wanted.
How Can You Tell When You Have Found the Perfect Dress?
Now that you know the best time to buy a dress for prom, how do you know when you’ve found the perfect dress? Many girls are scared to commit to a dress, even when they’ve followed the advice above and found a fabric and style they adore. But, it’s important to remember that you need to follow your instinct, too. If you love your dress, you are more likely to feel confident and look amazing in it.
You really will “just know” when you’ve found the one – don’t let anyone put you off your decision. Try to only take one person shopping with you and don’t send pictures of the dress to everyone you know, as their comments may confuse or upset you.
The trick is to be decisive. You will know what feels amazing on you. Importantly, understand that if you leave a dress behind because you are afraid to make a decision, you could land up disappointed when it is no longer available.
Once you have made a choice and bought your dress, stop looking. While it may be tempting to continue checking out dresses, rather turn your focus to your shoes, hair, makeup, and other accessories, and avoid having any doubts about your decision!
Share this Post